Current Global, a mid-sized global communications agency was founded just over five years ago and has consistently out-performed the PR market. It is one of the fastest-growing mid-sized agency brands globally and a top 60 firm by revenue. Part of a family of brands, Current Global offers a boutique client experience backed by the resources of one of the industry’s leading PR networks; Weber Shandwick (Interpublic Group – IPG DXTRA).
With offices in several cities across the US, Europe, and Asia and with a client roster including some of the most recognized company names in technology, fashion, and social media, it also boasts one of the world’s leading names in healthcare.
Current Global’s healthcare division in London in January 2020 – the team already has 7 members of highly experienced and dynamic healthcare communications professionals; experts in patient communication and education, disease awareness campaigns, brand/product PR, stakeholder and influencer engagement, media relations, and media training, health policy, and global public health – their clients range from global companies including pharmaceuticals, biotech, medical devises/technology, and medical start-ups.
We are excited to announce this new Manager (Account Manager level) role for the health team; a growth hire, as a result of a very exciting new business stream in oncology. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, health communications professional; keen to take a key role in helping to elevate the team to the next stage in its journey. Key therapy areas include Neuroscience (MS), Oncology, Regenerative Medicine, Genomics, and campaigns that cover domestic, EMEA and global remits.
What will you be doing?
· Drives day-to-day management of tactics/projects within a client programme
· Has an understanding of the ABPI regulatory framework, as well as of the NHS and major European health systems
· Has knowledge of the key healthcare media outlets and types of healthcare stories that are reported and why
· Continues to develop an understanding of the NHS and major European health systems plus relevant global agencies (i.e. World Health Organization (WHO))
· Demonstrates media expertise:
· Has good knowledge of key healthcare media outlets, reporters, and types of stories they cover
· Sells in stories to the media with confidence
· Understands the strategic overview of their account(s) and is able to contribute to strategic plans
· Demonstrates a clear understanding of the disciplines across the communications spectrum, with a focus on medical education/PR
· Leads client and internal meetings, always ensuring that other team members are fully briefed and understand their role within the meeting
· Develops and maintains productive relationships with day-to-day clients; is available to the client as necessary and begins to develop a role as a trusted client advisor
· Has a good understanding of fee and costs in order to assist the senior team in developing and monitoring budgets to ensure profitability for each account
· Takes responsibility for internal budgetary processes, including budget trackers and team resource hours)
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Current Global. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.