Current Global, a mid-sized global communications agency was founded just over five years ago and has consistently out-performed the PR market. It is one of the fastest-growing mid-sized agency brands globally and a top 60 firm by revenue. Part of a family of brands, Current Global offers a boutique client experience backed by the resources of one of the industry’s leading PR networks; Weber Shandwick (Interpublic Group – IPG DXTRA).
With offices in several cities across the US, Europe, and Asia and with a client roster including some of the most recognized company names in technology, fashion, and social media, it also boasts one of the world’s leading names in healthcare.
Current Global’s healthcare division in London is a small team (currently 6 members) of highly experienced and dynamic healthcare communications professionals; experts in patient communication and education, disease awareness campaigns, brand/product PR, stakeholder and influencer engagement, media relations, and media training, health policy, and global public health – their clients range from global companies including pharmaceuticals, biotech, medical devises/technology, and medical start-ups.
We are excited to announce this new Associate (Account Executive level) role for the health team; a growth hire, as a result of consistent new business streams. This is a great opportunity for enthusiastic, entrepreneurial health communications professional; keen to take a key role in helping to elevate the team to the next stage in its journey. Key therapy areas include Neuroscience (MS), Oncology, Regenerative Medicine, Genomics, and campaigns that cover domestic, EMEA and global remits.
What will you be doing?
· Support the tactical implementation of projects, ensuring their timely, effective and efficient delivery
· Manage individual client projects including work plans and budgets with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrate solid ‘all-round’ writing skills for a variety of client deliverables and develop drafts of more complex written materials, with appropriate tone and message tailoring for different audiences
· Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, completing actions on time and to a high quality (e.g. minimal copy or formatting errors)
· Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) regulatory framework, as well as of the NHS and major European health systems
· Exhibit media knowledge i.e some awareness of key healthcare media outlets, reporters, and types of healthcare stories they cover, and have the ability to sell in stories to the media with confidence
· Liaise well with clients on a day-to-day basis to progress tactics and build strong client relationships
· Build and strengthen supplier/media/KOL/patient group contacts and relationships
· Assist with elements of new business proposal development
· Ensure all files to be shared with clients are ‘client-ready’. I.e. of high-quality content, free from typographical/formatting errors
· Take responsibility for foundational financial elements of client accounts (e.g. vendor quotes/invoices, PO generation, ongoing cost tracking and reconciliation).
· Ensure that timesheets are completed in a timely manner and in line with contractual and client account requirements
· Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and communication skills.
· At least 1 years’ experience in medical/health communications (agency or in-house)