Current Global is a global communications agency and creative powerhouse. A member of the Interpublic Group of Companies (NYSE: IPG) and The Weber Shandwick Collective, our footprint spans Asia, Europe, MENAT, North and South America with strength and depth across corporate, consumer, health, and technology communications. Our dynamic team of public relations, marketing, and digital experts works with some of the world’s most iconic companies and brands to develop highly strategic and creative campaigns, collaborating across four talent communities: Client Experience, Insights, Creative, and Integrated Media.
The best ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences, which is why we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are mission critical to building strong teams, cultivating great leaders, and creating an agency where everyone can do their best work. At Current Global, difference is valued, equality is a mandate, and inclusiveness is a reflex, not an initiative. Our Accessible by Design commitment that every piece of communication we create will meet the highest accessibility standards to reach people with sight, hearing, and cognitive disabilities was recognized as a World Changing Idea by Fast Company.
We put humanity at the heart of everything we do, from our internal culture to the way we help clients understand that people want to connect with brands as real and human as they are. We offer exciting career opportunities for entrepreneurial leaders. Learn more at www.currentglobal.com
The Executive Vice President of Marketing & Business Development role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced marketing leader to help Current Global grow the agency’s reputation and client roster in the United States and around the world. Reporting directly to the CEO, this entrepreneurial self-starter will work closely with the executive leadership team to ensure clear alignment of business and marketing objectives, communication of all marketing efforts, oversight of proactive new business strategies and proposal responses, and analysis of performance.
Essential functions are to develop, manage, measure, and optimize marketing efforts for Current Global in a way that builds agency credibility, attracts new talent and clients, and expands our presence to ultimately generate new prospect inquiries and new business revenue.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: MARKETING.
- Lead the agency’s marketing strategy and brand development.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to promote and finetune the agency’s unique proposition and differentiation strategies, ensuring brand consistency across markets.
- Create and manage integrated marketing activities to ensure consistent brand positioning, inclusive of collateral development, advertising, website presence, digital marketing, social media, events, partnerships, and sponsorships.
- Develop and execute an earned media strategy to support IP rollouts, corporate announcements, client news, etc., establishing and nurturing relationships with key industry media outlets.
- Manage team responsible for content marketing, creation, and distribution on agency social channels.
- Support CEO and other executive leaders with all aspects of executive visibility, inclusive of earned media, speaking events, awards, and other thought leadership opportunities.
- Serve as a lead on the industry awards process and submission coordination in partnership with executive leadership, practice, and account teams.
- Conduct industry research and analysis to identify best practices, trends, competitor positioning, and new business opportunities to inform marketing initiatives and targeted outreach.
- Develop, implement, and monitor marketing performance metrics and adjust strategies as needed to achieve objectives.
- Represent agency at industry events through attending, networking, and on-site content creation.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: NEW BUSINESS.
- Lead the agency’s new business development efforts in partnership with the executive leadership team, including prospecting, lead generation, writing compelling Request for Information (RFI) responses, and overseeing Request for Proposal (RFP) pitch presentations.
- Develop and execute a pipeline effort to identify and strategically pursue new business opportunities aligned to agency growth goals and areas of expertise and focus.
- Leverage existing relationships and actively seek out networking opportunities to expand the agency’s client base, building strong relationships with potential client key decision-makers.
- Improve RFI and RFP results by evaluating and reimagining processes, approaches, collaboration, etc.
- Collaborate with practice leads and account teams to develop break-through, tailored new business responses that showcase the agency’s capabilities and ideas in strategic, creative, and unique ways.
- Ensure proposal deadlines are met by establishing roles, responsibilities, and workback plans for information gathering, briefing, brainstorming, writing, reviews, etc.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, client needs, and emerging opportunities to shape the agency’s new business strategies.
- Oversee, organize, and keep fresh a library of standard RFI and RFP assets, question responses, case studies, team bios, and other materials to aide in efficient and effective pitch response development.
- Foster a growth mindset throughout the agency with support of the executive leadership team.
- Track, update, and refine processes for new business pipeline reporting and database maintenance.
- Collaborate with new business leads at The Weber Shandwick Collective and IPG for collaborative pitches and conflict opportunities.
- 14+ years of experience in marketing, new business development, or related roles within the public relations, communications, digital, or advertising industry; agency experience strongly preferred.
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful self-starter passionate about winning, with a proven track record of successfully developing and implementing marketing strategies that drive brand awareness, lead generation, and revenue growth.
- Demonstrated experience in new business development, including prospecting, lead generation, proposal response, and pitching to high-level executives.
- History of success in driving an organization’s reputation and its executive’s leadership profiles.
- Existing network and relationships within the marketing and public relations industry is highly desirable.
- Collaborative and calm work style while juggling multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively with a results-oriented mindset.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to persuasively and effectively articulate expertise and ideas while building rapport with diverse audiences.
- Detailed-oriented with a commitment to improving processes and outcomes.
Current Global is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We recruit qualified applications without regard to age, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or citizenship status.
California residents who are past or current applicants, please click here for our California Consumer Privacy Act Notice.
We make our careers website accessible to all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors. Rather, it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.