Current Global is a global communications agency and creative powerhouse. Our footprint spans Asia, Europe, North and South America and has strength and depth across consumer marketing, corporate communications, health and technology. Our dynamic team of brand marketing, public relations and digital veterans work with some of the world’s most iconic brands to develop highly strategic and creative campaigns, collaborating across our four talent communities: Client Experience, Insights, Content and Integrated Media. Current Global offers exciting career opportunities for entrepreneurial leaders. Learn more at www.currentglobal.com
Current Global is looking for a Manager, Senior Strategist in our Chicago office. The ideal candidate has a traditional brand or communications strategy background and is interested in applying it their experience to the earned media landscape. A successful candidate will be someone who motivated to create inspired and unexpected briefs that can lead to equally imaginative work. This role is perfect for someone who prefers a mid-size agency, but with the benefit of support from a larger parent company.
- Help create insightful, provocative and pointed briefs rooted in research
- Develop supporting narratives that tell the story of the opportunity, bring to life the strategy and open the door for breakthrough creativity
- Maintain a strong understanding of the category, culture and business landscape
- Partner with internal teams across Creative, Integrated Media and Client Experience
- Design and execute primary research that moves outside of the traditional and into the real world
- Research using syndicated resources such as MRI, Mintel, etc.
- Identify opportunities to consistently provide value and elevate the quality of our thinking – from new products to new ways to engage with our audience
- Contribute to new business efforts through leading research and supporting the development of strategy
- Actively contribute to client meetings, creative brainstorms and strategy sessions
- Professional Experience: 5-6 years related agency/professional experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated ability to construct an argument supported by evidence
- An active curiosity about brands and culture
- Evidence of commercial instinct – how businesses actually work to make money
- Knowledge of the media landscape and marketing communications industry
- Able to manage multiple challenging projects for various clients from concept to completion on time and within budget
- Lead peer set in business writing, storytelling and oral communication
- Strong time management, project management and organizational skills
- Meaningfully contribute to a civil, fast paced and positive energy environment
- Enough poise to work with multiple creative and account people across diverse skill levels and disciplines
- Proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team
When applying, please include samples of your work.
Current Global is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Current recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.