NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The #SmokehouseTour2020 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees, officers, contractors and representatives of The Clorox Company (“Sponsor”), Merkle Inc. (“Administrator”), CMGRP, Inc., dba Current Global, Masterbuilt Manufacturing LLC (“Sponsor”), and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such individual, whether or not related, are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsors’ and Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsors: The Clorox Company, 1221 Broadway, Oakland, CA, 94612 and Masterbuilt Manufacturing, LLC, 1 Masterbuilt Court, Columbus, GA 31907. Administrator: Merkle Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on March 11, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on June 28, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the “Promotion Period“). Facebook, Inc., Instagram LLC and Twitter, Inc.’s servers are the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: There are three (3) ways to enter the Sweepstakes. To participate, you will need to have a Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram account (each a “Social Account”). Creating each Social Account is free but is subject to the applicable terms and conditions:
https://www.facebook.com/terms.php, http://twitter.com/tos or https://help.instagram.com/581066165581870. Posting on Instagram requires a mobile device and therefore message and data rates may apply. If entering via a mobile device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Your account settings on the Social Account you use to enter must be set to “unprotected” and/or “public” in order for your comments, Tweets or posts to be viewable by Sponsors.
During the Promotion Period, take one of the following actions to receive an entry:
Twitter: Follow @Kingsford and Tweet a photo or video showing how you master your flavor and include the hashtags #SmokehouseTour2020 and #Sweepstakes in the Tweet.
Retweets or Quote Tweets will not be deemed entries.
Instagram: Follow @kingsford and post a photo or video showing how you master your flavor and include the hashtags #SmokehouseTour2020 and #Sweepstakes in the caption of the Instagram post.
Instagram stories and Instagram posts where the hashtag is included in a comment rather than the caption of the original post will not be deemed entries.
Facebook: Visit Kingsford Charcoal’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/kingsford/), find the Sweepstakes post (“Post”); and comment on the Post by posting a photo or video showing how you master your flavor and the hashtags #SmokehouseTour2020 and #Sweepstakes.
Your Tweet/Instagram post/Facebook comment and its included content will hereafter be referred to as your Submission.
Submission Content Guidelines/Restrictions: Your Submission must be your original work. If you include the names or likenesses of other individuals, you must have their permission to be included and to grant the rights set forth in Section 5. Minors may only be included in the Submission if you are their parent or legal guardian. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsors.
Your Submission may not include a photo collage. Your Submission may not be inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, discriminatory, libelous, contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, disparage Sponsors, Administrator, or any other person or party, or contain material that is unlawful in any way. Your Submission must not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearm/weapons or any political agenda. Your Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual. Your Submission must not include music. Your Submission must not prominently feature brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsors, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission. Your Submission need not include any reference, positive or negative, to Sponsors’ products or services.
Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any Submission that it finds unlawful, or in violation of these Official Rules, all in its sole discretion.
You will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for your qualified Submission.
Limit: You may enter the Sweepstakes five (5) times during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry. Each Submission must be unique, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, to qualify as an entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Social Account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Social Accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Social Account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses used to create the Social Account. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 8, below) are not responsible for lost, late, unreceived, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions or failure to receive Submissions due to limitation of third-party social network platforms all of which will be void.
5. Sponsors’ Use of Submissions: Tweeting/Posting a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsors and their licensees, successors and assigns a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non- exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission in whole or in part, along with entrant’s name, user name, city and state of residence, voice, performance, image or photograph (including, without limitation profile photo), on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsors or their designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
6. Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential winners from all eligible entries during the Promotion Period on or about June 30, 2020. Each potential winner will be notified by @Kingsford by a comment and/or private message through the social channel used by selected potential winner to enter and will be required to provide his/her name, email address and date of birth to confirm eligibility and for prize fulfillment purposes within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent into order to claim the prize. In addition, each potential winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release (“Declaration”) which must be received by Administrator, within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information within the required time period, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner is disqualified and forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled after August 1, 2020 and approximately 10-12 weeks after the conclusion of winner confirmation.
7. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A $5,000 check payable to winner; one (1) Masterbuilt Gravity SeriesTM 560 charcoal grill and smoker valued at $497 (all details determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion); and one (1) year’s supply of charcoal, fulfilled as 24 coupons for Kingsford Original Charcoal, 8 or 16 lb. bags, with a maximum value of $9.00, valid through December 31, 2021. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $5,713.
TWELVE (12) FIRST PRIZES: One (1) Masterbuilt Gravity SeriesTM 560 charcoal grill and smoker valued at $497 (all details determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion); and one (1) year’s supply of charcoal, fulfilled as 24 coupons for Kingsford Original Charcoal, 8 or 16 lb. bags, with a maximum value of $9.00, valid through December 31, 2021. ARV: $713
For All Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize or prize component for one of comparable or greater value in its sole discretion for any reason. Each winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use not specified herein as being provided. Non-cash prizes have no cash value. Coupons are subject to terms and conditions specified thereon. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Total value of all prizes: $14,269. Limit: one (1) prize per person.
8. Release: By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, Administrator, CMGRP, Inc., dba Current Global, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc., Instagram, LLC, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including, but not limited to, any injury or harm resulting from use of the grill).
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsors’ and their agents’ use of winner’s name, user name, prize information, likeness, Submission, photograph (including, without limitation, winner’s Social Account profile photo), voice, performance, opinions and/or hometown and state for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
10. General Conditions: Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. In such event, Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all non-suspect eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein or award the prizes as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsors. Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees and other remedies) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software, or lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, internet Service Provider (“ISP”), website or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) other errors or problems of any kind relating to or in connection with Sweepstakes, whether computer, network, technical, mechanical, typographical, printing, human or otherwise, including, but not limited to, errors or problems which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related, materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, garbled, not received or stolen mail, entries, Submissions, comments, Tweets, posts, @replies or other communications of any kind; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including, without limitation, any injury or harm resulting from use of the grill). If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, not received or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsors reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Entrant’s Personal Information: Information collected from entrant is subject to Sponsors’ Privacy Policies: https://www.thecloroxcompany.com/privacy/ and https://www.masterbuilt.com/pages/privacy.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/2vus2O7. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2020 Merkle Inc. All rights reserved.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc./Twitter, Inc./Instagram, LLC.